So, if you’ve read the ‘about me’ section of my blog you’ve probably read the title of this post and are now thinking, how many times can one person turn 21!? Well you see… I’m weird. (As if you didn’t know that already) but basically 6/5/4 months before my actual birthday whenever someone asks my age I tend to just round it up? Am I the only one who does that? I know I’m a strange one, I know. So on the 17th of February (happy belated to me yay) I OFFICIALLY turned 21. A huge milestone in everyone’s life, I seriously feel like I’m so old now.
Anyways, enough rambling.
In this post, I’m going to share with you 21 very random things I’ve learnt in my 21 years of life so far. In no particular order…
1. Being the only girl amongst 3 brothers isn’t the worst thing in the world…
2. Pizza makes almost any situation better.
3. Not everyone you’re going to meet is going to like you… and that’s more than okay!
4. I love the smell and look of coffee but I most definitely hate to DRINK coffee. It’s disgusting and I don’t understand how people drink this stuff religiously.
5. Pray. In your time of need and also to just give thanks for the blessings you have.
6. Be honest… it’s easier in the long run.
7. Communication is KEY. Talk about everything and anything. Good things, bad things, just communicate!
8. People come and go, it’s okay to lose them if they weren’t adding value or bettering your life.
9. Change can be daunting, but it could also lead you to places you’d never thought of!
10. Cake is always a good idea. No matter the calorie count.
11. Appreciate the little things.
12. You don’t have to see or speak to someone for days or weeks to remain solid friends. If when you see them it’s like nothing changed, they’re keepers.
13. No matter what you do, you cannot and will not please E-V-E-R-Y one.
14. Listen to others opinions or arguments, even if you don’t agree, they’re still entitled to it.
15. Pancakes are a blessing.
16. If you’re not happy about something, do your best to change it.
17. Opening up about your feelings does not make you weak, it makes you stronger.
18. Find something you love doing, and pursue the s**t out of it.
19. Go for a walk. Slow down and appreciate what’s around you.
20. It’s perfectly okay to stay in bed, relax and enjoy your own company once in a while… just don’t make a habit of it!
21. It never hurts to smile.
Wow, at first when I began this list I was cursing myself thinking how could I manage to find 21 things. However, as with every word count I’ve ever encountered… I could keep going for pages and pages! I hope you’ve enjoyed reading 21 random things I’ve learnt in life so far.